Milesight Router and LoRaWAN Gateway can access to the internet via Wi-Fi.
This article describes how to troubleshoot unable to Get Network Connection via Wi-Fi.
- Check whether the devices support Wi-Fi feature
- Check Wi-Fi Setting
- Check the firmware version of UG8X/UG6X
- Use different network segments between WAN and Wi-Fi
- Set wlan0 as Main Network Interface
- Check WLAN Antenna
- Check Radio Frequency Cable
1. Check whether the devices support Wi-Fi feature
- Milesight LoRaWAN Gateway UG6X /5G CPE UF51: supports Wi-Fi feature by default
- Milesight LoRaWAN Gateway UG8X / Milesight Router: Go to Status > Overview > System information > Model of webpage to check whether the product model contains -W. If not included, it means this model doesn't support Wi-Fi feature.
2. Check Wi-Fi Setting
Go to Network > Interface > WLAN of Milesight Router/Gateway Web GUI, you’ll find most frequently-used configuration of WLAN connection. WLAN modules in Milesight routers/gateways work as either Access Point (AP) or Client. With Work Mode set as Client, Milesight routers/gateways can connect to an existing AP in local network environment to get internet access. Please ensure the encryption mode is the same as your Wi-Fi AP and Wi-Fi password is correct.
3. Check the firmware version of UG8X/UG6X
Ensure your UG6x/UG8x firmware version is the latest.
4. Use different network segments between WAN and Wi-Fi
For Milesight routers, Ethernet port IP is not configured by default.
For Milesight gateways, default Ethernet port IP is 192.168.23.150 with 23 as network segment.
When both Ethernet port and Wi-Fi are sharing 23 as the same network segment, the device will fail to access Internet. WIFI network segment can be checked on Status > WLAN > IP Address of Router/Gateway’s Web GUI.
Note: For UG8X whose firmware version is below 184.108.40.206, default Ethernet port IP is 192.168.1.1.
5. Set wlan0 as Main Network Interface
For Milesight Gateway, go to Network > Link Failover > WAN Failover, set wlan0 as Main Interface to use Wi-Fi first when connecting to network.
For Milesight Router, go to Network > Link Failover, set WLAN as Main Interface to use Wi-Fi first when connecting to network.
6. Check WLAN Antenna
Ensure WLAN antenna and antenna connector are not broken, WLAN antenna has installed on correct antenna connector.
7. Check Radio Frequency Cable
If you have opened the enclosure of Milesight device already, double check if the radio frequency cable is correctly connected to Wi-Fi module or crossed by other radio cables. If it’s crossed over LoRa cables, modules or other circuit, there may be frequency deviation or interference.