Milesight gateways provide multiple backhauls for network connection. Here are the symptions about failing to access the network via Wi-Fi, Ethernet or cellular.
Symptom 1: Can not access the network via Wi-Fi.
Check if Wi-Fi status shows connected and gateway is assigned an IP by your Wi-Fi router.
- If not, check if Wi-Fi configuration is correct.
- If yes,
- Change the main link to WLAN;
- Connect a PC or mobile phone to the Wi-Fi access point to check if it works;
- Connect gateway to another Wi-Fi access point.
Symptom 2: Can not access the network via Ethernet Static IP mode.
Go to Maintenance-> Tool -> Ping to ping both www.google.com and 126.96.36.199 to check connection.
- If only 188.8.131.52 works, go to Network -> Interface -> Port to check whether DNS server is configured. DNS server is used for resolving domain name to IP address.
- If both not work,
- Check if Port setting is correct.
- Check if the IP address you type has been used by other devices.
- Change the main link to eth0/GE0.
Symptom 3: Can not access the network via cellular.
1. Check if your SIM card can use in other devices (smartphone, etc.).
2. Ensure you type the correct APN; username, password, PIN code and Roaming are necessary according to your SIM card type.
3. If you use private SIM card, delete or change a private network ICMP server.
If you need any help for deeper trouble-shooting, feel free to contact Milesight Technical Support. You can also click here to get more info about Milesight LoRaWAN Gateway.