Milesight DeviceHub provides a high-efficiency, low maintenance solution to easily deploy Milesight Gateway & Router Series across multiple locations, reducing complexity and increasing productivity. This article describes the configuration of connecting Milesight Gateway/Router to Milesight DeviceHub.
DeviceHub supports cloud version or on-premise version. If you need to use cloud version, please contact Milesight technical support or Milesight sales for Milesight DeviceHub trial account; if you need to install DeviceHub on your server, please refer to DeviceHub Installation Guide.
- Milesight UR Series Router or a UG Series Gateway
- Milesight DeviceHub Account
Step 1. Check Network Connection
- Log in the web GUI of gateway/router.
- Go to Maintenance->Tools->Ping and enter the DeviceHub server IP address or URL to check if it’s reachable.
Step 2. Add Deivcehub Server
Go to System->Device Management to configure the DeviceHub parameters.
For a router
Server Address：devicehub.milesight-iot.com (or your own DeviceHub server address eg. 188.8.131.52).
For a gateway
Activation Server Address: devicehub.milesight-iot.com (or your own DeviceHub server address eg. 184.108.40.206)
Step 3. Connect Router/Gateway to DeviceHub
There are two ways for connecting Milesight Router/Gateway to Milesight DeviceHub.
- By Authentication Code
- By Account Name
By Authentication Code
- Log in to your DeviceHub account.
- Go to Device -> My Device and click Add button. Add device on Milesight DeviceHub. Then copy the authentication code or send it to other email. When device added, you can copy and paste the code to Authentication Code on the web GUI
- Select By Authentication Code as activation method on the router/gateway web GUI.
- Paste the authentication code to corresponding box in the web GUI and click Connect. If status is Connected, router has succeeded to connect to the DeviceHub.
By Account Name
- Select By Account Name as activation method on the Web GUI.
- Fill in your DeviceHub account and password.
- Click If status is Connected, router has succeeded to connect to the DeviceHub.