Symptom 1: Computer can't recognize the Ethernet port of gateway.
- Check if gateway system completes startup and works fine via LED status. For UG6x, staticly light of STATUS/SYS LED indicates the system works; for UG8x, slowly blinks of SYS/System LED indicates the system works.
- For UG85, check if correct Ethernet port is connected to computer. (Not console port)
- Change another network cable and check if bad contact between gateway and computer. If gateway is powered by PoE, check if the PoE switch or PoE adapter works fine.
- Change another computer.
Symptom 2: Browser fails to show login page of the gateway when accessing via default IP.
- Check if you use correct loggin IP which can be found on gateway label. If you can’t find it on the label, contact the sales or supports about it. If the default IP is 192.168.23.150, assign the computer IP following the article How to Login Web GUI of Milesight Gateway.
- Check if computer subnet is conflict with default IP of the gateway. If yes, change your computer IP or disconnect your current network.
- Ping IP address of gateway from computer terminal to check the connection.
- It's recommended to use Chrome browser to access the web GUI.
- When you access the web GUI via Wi-Fi access point mode, do not change to client mode. If changed, use Ethernet port to access the web GUI.
Symptom 3: Loggin page shows but unresponsive when you fill in username and password.
- Check if username and password are correct;
- Clean the cache of the browser and check if loggin page still shows. If not, please refer to Checklist of Symptom 1 and 2.
If you need any help for deeper trouble-shooting, feel free to contact Milesight Technical Support. You can also click here to get more info about Milesight LoRaWAN Gateway.