Milesight LoRaWAN controller equips with a RS232 interface supporting transparent raw data between RS232 terminal devices and network server. This guide will describe how to use the RS232 of Milesight LoRaWAN controller.
- Milesight LoRaWAN controllers: UC50x/UC1152/UC11-N1
- Milesight LoRaWAN gateway (simulate as LoRaWAN network server)
- TCPCOM (simulate as RS232 terminal device)
Basic wiring: PC (serial port tool)---Milesight controller-----Milesight gateway
- Connect PC to RS232 of controller via USB-RS232 cable.
- Power on the controller and connect it to Milesight gateway according to article How to Connect LoRaWAN Node/Sensor to Milesight Gateway.
- Open ToolBox and go to General->Serial to enable serial port and select the type as RS232, then ensure basic parameters are the same as your terminal device.
- Open TCPCOM and configure RS232 basic parameter, than click Open to set up transmission between TCPCOM and controller. Please note the RS232 basic parameters are the same as controller settings.
- Send a message.
- Go to Network Server->Packets of gateway web GUI, you will see RS232 data upload immediately, regardless of reporting interval settings in controllers.Data port is 86, the same as RS232 port setting in controller.
- You can also send downlink message from network server to controller, please ensure the port is the RS232 data port.Note: If device type is Class C, the controller will receive downlink messages right away; if device type is Class A, the downlink message will wait in queue (grey) until there is uplink from controller.
- After sending, TCPCOM will receive the message.