Akenza is the IoT application enablement platform to build great IoT products and services. Akenza v2 has already integrated TTN v3 to make the management effortless. This article will describe how to add Milesight IoT sensors to Akenza v2 via TTNv3.
Step 1. Akenza Core-TTN Integration
There are multiple ways to authenticate your own TTN account to Akenza core.
- Organization ID and API Key
- Application ID and API Key
- User ID and API Key
In this case, we take application ID and API key as an example to integration TTN to Akenza. Click here for more information about other ways.
1. Create an application in TTN Applications tab, then create an API key and copy this key.
2. Go to Integration page of Akenza, click Create Integration to add an integration. Select the type as TTN LoRaWAN.
3. Fill in the information below and click Proceed.
- TTN LoRaWAN host: if your TTN account is under Europe 1 area, select The Things Network EU1, otherwise select Custom and fill in the host URL.
- Authentication: Application ID/API Key
- Application ID: same as the application name in TTN
- API Key: created in the TTN application
4. Define an integration name and click Proceed to complete the setup.
After creating, you can see this integration both in Akenza core and TTN page.
Step 2. Add Device to Akenza
1. Go to the TTN console and enter the Gateway section to add a new LoRaWAN® gateway. If you use Milesight gateway, please refer to How To Connect Milesight Gateway to The Things Stack v3 via Basic Station or How To Connect Milesight Gateway to The Things Stack v3 via Semtech Packet Forwarder.
2. Go to Data Flows page, click Create Data Flow to add a data flow, select LoRa, then select your integration under the Avaliable LoRa connectors tab.
3. Select the device type and output connector, then click Save Data Flow.
Device type: Search for Milesight and select the device type accordingly. If not found, please use Passthrough type.
Output connector: Akenza provides multiple connectors to define the output actions. In this example we select Akenza DB to store data in the Akenza database.
4. Define a data flow name and save it.
5. Go to Asset Inventory page, click Create Device to add a new device. When adding, select the data flow you created.
6. Fill in the device information like activate mode, device EUI, App EUI, App key, etc. Then click Create device to complete the creation.
After adding, the TTN page will also be added this device automatically.
Note: when you add devices to Akenza directly, the default frequency is set as EU868. If you need to add devices with other frequencies, please change the setting in TTN device General setting page.
7. When data come up, you can see data records and graphs on Akenza page.
Besides, if you have already added device to TTN page, you can sync the device list from TTN to Akenza.
After synchronization, you can see the devices on the Asset Inventory page. If you need to decode the data, please add a data flow to this integration.