This article will take AM107 indoor ambiance sensor as exmple to guide you how to integrate Milesight IoT sensors to Ubidots via The Things Industries(TTI). Following steps can be applied to all Milesight IoT LoRaWAN sensors.
Step 1. Device Registration
1. Go to the TTN console and enter the Gateway section to add a new LoRaWAN gateway.
2. Enter the Application section to add a new application.
3. To register a device, go to the End Device .Then press +Add End Device to register the AM107 sensor. You can select the device under From The LoRaWAN Device Repository tab.
If you need to add other sensors or customize your parameters, go to Manually tab to select the parameters.
4. Fill in the information to register the device.
5. Save all configurations. You can check the real-time data under Live data.
Step 2. Add Payload Formatters
1. Go to Payload formattersto add an AM10x decoder for this end device.
Note: For more devices, please check out the decoders provided by Milesight IoT.
You can also add the decoder under Payload formatters->Uplink of this application.
2. Click Save changes to save the decoder.
3. Go to Live data tab, then decoded data will show in the details.
Step 3. UbiFunctions Setup
Follow the below steps to create and launch the UbiFunction which will handle TTI’s native JSON format conversion into an Ubidots’ compatible one:
1. Go to Devices->Functions tab to create an integration.
- Name: Customize your UbiFunction. For example, “TTI Integration”
- Method: Select POST
- Runtime: Select Python 3.6
- Time-base trigger: disable
Copy the code from Integrate your The Things Industries data with Ubidots using UbiFunctions and enter your Ubidots account token into the code.
2. Click “Make it live”and copy the HTTPs Endpoint URL.
Step 4. TTI Webhook Setup
1. Go to Integration->Webhooks tab and click +Add webhook to add a new webhook. Then select Ubidots as template:
2. Fill in the information of webhook:
- Webhook ID: customize
- Udibosts username: Your Ubidots account username
- UbiFunction name: function-name of your UbiFunctions URL: https://parse.ubidots.com/prv/<username>/<function-name>
3. Click Create ubidots webhookto save the configurations. Once a new value is received to TTN from the device, a new device will be automatically created into your Ubidots account.
Step 5. Data Visualization
1. Select the device created to verify all the variables received:
2. Click every item to check history data and add the unit.
3. Go to the Data -> Dashboardsection of your Ubidots account to create a dashboard.
4. Selectthe plus (+) icon located a the upper right side of the page to add widgets to display your data.