Milesight Industrial Router supports different network interfaces, including the Ethernet, Dual Cellular and WIFI, which can make the router connect to the Internet by different ways. The router supports Link Failover among these interfaces. The rules are as below.
- You can set priority of the interfaces.
- The router has Ping detection to detect whether the network is available. If the first priority link is not available, the routerwill switch to next available priority link
- There is Revert Interval setting 300s by default to let the router try to switch back to the first priority link every 300 seconds. 0s mean not to switch.
- UR32/UR35: firmware version3x.2.0.6 or later
- UR75: firmware version 1.0.15 or later
For other versions or models please refer to How to Set the Link Failover Rule in Milesight Gateway.
- Go to Network -> Interface -> Link Failover to setup link priority. Take the default link priority table as below as example, SIM1 has the first priority by default. When SIM1 is inserted the router connect to the Internet through SIM, the link priority table is showed as below.
You can click the Edit button to adjust ping detection parameters such as ICMP server and interval according to the real usage. This is used to detect weather the network is available.
- Go to Status -> Overview you can also see the cellular is the link in use.
- You can click the Upor Down button to adjust the priority or change the current link access to another one. In the example below, WAN link is adjusted to be the first priority and becomes the link in use. Revert Interval setting means the router tries switching back to the first priority link according the interval. 0s refers to not to switch.
The status page sync the change.
Below is setting of Revert Interval to let the router try to switch back to the first priority link.
You can also enable the Emergency Reboot to make the router reboot when all links are not available in emergency situation.
Note: Work mode of dual SIM cards is cold-standby, so if the link was switched from SIM1 to SIM2, it will not revert to SIM1 again until the link is switched to WAN or no other links are available.