How to analyze connecting issue between Milesight Gateway and Milesight IoT Cloud
To connect Milesight Gateway to Milesight IoT Cloud, we can just create it in Milesight IoT Cloud with the SN, then enable 'Milesight IoT Cloud' option on Gateway's web GUI directly, then it will display online shortly. You can refer to this guide to finish it successfully.
But sometimes, the gateway is created well on Milesight IoT Cloud, but the gateway still display offline like this.
Here are some check points that we can refer to:
- Check the gateway's SN configured in Milesight IoT Cloud matches the gateway's SN or not. Since it's not Gateway ID or Gateway EUI.
- Check whether the gateway has network access and can reach to Milesight IoT Cloud platform by ping 'cloud.milesight-iot.com' in Maintenance->Tools->Ping page.
- Double check whether the 'Milesight IoT Cloud' option is enabled well. You can also re-enable this function during the trouble shooting. The option of "Network server" must be enabled as well.
- Try to check whether the internal network server in page "Packet forwarder" is enabled.
- Try to reset the Milesight IoT Cloud certificate and restart it via SSH access.
root@ROUTER:/mnt/mmcblk0p1/root# lora-gateway-adapter reset clearing lora-gateway-adapter configuration. root@ROUTER:/mnt/mmcblk0p1/root# /etc/init.d/lora_gateway_adapter restart stoping lora-gateway-adapter... lora_gateway_ubus stopped
To access Milesight IoT Gateway via SSH, you need to enable it in 'General->General->Access Service' page first, then login by gateway's IP and port number: 22.
The login credentials:
- Try to restart the internal network server of the gateway, then restart the Milesight IoT Cloud service on web or like the previous step again.
root@ROUTER:/mnt/mmcblk0p1/root# /etc/init.d/loraserver restart
- You can also submit a ticket or contact our support engineer to trouble shoot it remotely.