LPWA properties done by Milesight:
- Easily upgradeable through network scalability – With the help of Milesight DeviceHub, it’s capable of remotely upgrading Milesight cellular routers in bulk.
- Minimal power consumption and device operation for years after initial charge – LoRaWAN defined classes for end-devices. Milesight sensors comply with the LoRaWAN Class A which is the most energy-efficient device class and results in the longest battery life.
- Improved coverage, both indoors and outdoors, compared to existing WAN connections – Milesight released indoor and outdoor gateways and solutions accordingly, please refer to UG65(indoor) and UG67(outdoor) for details.
- Security measures, including strong authentication and improved connectivity – Milesight adopts OTAA and AES128 as default security methods in LoRa network.
- Simplified network topology – If you are familiar with LoRaWAN, you know it is a kind of star-shaped network. Usually you only need one gateway to manage sensors or other IoT devices in about.
- Simplified deployment – As we know most Milesight LoRa end-devices are pluy and play products. In the past we had to manually add them into the network server one by one, but not we are able to import them in bulk. Now in this article we will teach you how to bulk import them.
- Milesight LoRaWAN Gateway * 1
- LoRa end-devices * n
Please refer to UG85/UG87’s User Guide or Quick Guide and make sure there has been at least 1 application and profile on “Network Server>Applications” and “Network Server>Profiles”. In this guide we use “cloud” in the application, and “ClassC-OTAA” in the profile.
Enter “Network Server>Device”, click “Bulk Import” and download the template.
Fill in the information of device in template.csv. Attributes needed:
- appkey (OTAA)
- devaddr, appskey, nwkskey (ABP)
If the “Join Type” is select as “OTAA”, then devaddr, appskey, nwkskey are not needed; if “ABP”, then appkey is not required.
Click “Browse” to locate the .csv file and import it.
After bulk import is done successfully, click “Apply” on the upper right to confirm the configuration.