Due to the fact that many field projects require variable functions in real practice, Milesight IoT thus provides API for secondary development in order to meet the various needs. Some python libraries like paho-mqtt, pymodbus, pyserial that require compiler GCC, have been migrated, whilst some others don't. If you need any one among the others, please submit a ticket to tell us about your application so that we can evaluate and pre-install the libraries like cryptography for you.
- mSD card/SSD module
- UR/UG Python Bundle
UR7x Python Bundle
Note: Python Bundle contains API document, Python SDK and a sample code.
- Install mSD card or SSD module
UG85: No mSD card slot. Supported to save application and data cache in built-in eMMC.
UG87: No mSD card slot. Supported to save application and data cache in built-in eMMC or extra SSD module.
- Format mSD card or SSD module
On web GUI, go to “System>General Settings>Storage”, click on “Format” button.
- Upload SDK
Go to “APP>Python>Python” and upload Python SDK according to the model. If SDK for another models is uploaded, a warning note will indicate “Upload Error”.
- Upload APP
Go to “APP>Python>Python APP”, and upload your app package in .zip format.
- Enable AppManager
Go to “APP>Python>AppManager Configuration”, and enable “AppManager”
- Check Python Log
Go to “APP>Python>Python”, and click on “View” and enter Supervisor page.
- In step 4, if the App was not packaged as the sample code, as placed within an extra folder, a warning note will indicate “I/O error”.
- Log is available only with AppManager enabled.
- Whether to format the mSD card/SSD module should depend on the real situations.
- Python App and data cache are all saved in mSD/SSD/eMMC. It is advised to take memory space into consideration when developing Python SDK.
*: Please submit a ticket to contact us for the password.