This article will guide you how to connect Milesight Gateway to the Internet.
Milesight LoRaWAN Gateway UG6x or UG8x.
Connect via Ethernet
1. Go to Network -> Interface -> Port to configure WAN settings and click Save & Apply.
Connection type: Static IP, DHCP Client, PPPoE.
DNS server: Resolve or translate domain name into public IP addresses needed for your device to actually communicate with that site.
- Static IP
IP address: Define according to your network device subnet. For example, if your network router LAN port IP is 192.168.22.1, the UG6x/UG8x Ethernet port IP should be 192.168.22.x.
Gateway: Upper router/switch IP address.
- DHCP Client
If the upper router has DHCP server enabled, you can configure the gateway as DHCP Client. Gateway IP address can be found on router DHCP list.
Type username and password of dialing account.
2. Connect gateway Ethernetport to router/switch and use WAN IP address to access the web GUI of gateway.
3. Go to Maintenance -> Tools -> Ping to check network connection.
Connect via Cellular
1. Insert SIM cardto SIM slot correctly.
Note: Make sure SIM card is charged and can be used in other network devices like cellphone.
2. Go to Network->Interface->Cellular to enable and configure cellular settings.
- Type APN and other SIM card information.
- Type correct ICMP server.
- Enable Roaming if your SIM card is a roaming card.
- Click Save and Apply.
3. Go to Status-> Cellular to check the status of cellular connection.
4. Go to Maintenance -> Tools -> Ping to check network connection.
Connect via Wi-Fi
1. Go to Network -> Interface -> WLAN to select Client mode and click Scan to search for Wi-Fi access points.
Note: If you use Wi-Fi to access the web GUI of gateway, please do not change the mode to Client.
2. Select valid access point and click Join Network.
3. Type the password of Wi-Fi access point if it is encrypted.
Click Save and Apply Button.
4. Go to Status -> WLAN to check WIFI connection.
- Go to Maintenance -> Tools -> Ping to check network connection.